The September 2017 meeting of the Madison DX Club was held on Tuesday the 12th at the home of Sharon – W9RNF and Ed – N9MW in rural Blanchardville, WI. The meeting was called to order by President Lloyd – N9LB at 7:05 PM. Twenty members and guests attended.
Secretary’s Report: Not available
Treasurer’s Report: Not available
– DX Report. Bob – W9EWZ reported on the upcoming Galapagos, Cocos Keeling, Christmas Is, and Botswana DXpeditions. He also reporting working DX on 160m recently.
– Repeater. Gari – NG9V: Repeater operating well. ( Frequencies are 444.775 / 449.775 with 123 PL ).
– DX Spotting Cluster. Ed – N9MW: The cluster is operating well.
– Email. Lloyd – N9LB: MDXC and SWAP e-mail reflectors are operating well.
– Scholarship. Ed – N9MW: Many small equipment donations were taken to the Baraboo/ Circus City Swapfest in August and sold, the proceeds were added to the Scholarship fund. The 2017 scholarship has been awarded to Skyler Hagen, KC9UOT, a student at UW-Madison.
Bill – N9NNN has recovered from his recent medical issues, is feeling great, and back to participating in club activities.
Greg – KA9VDU set up his portable QRP 10 GHz microwave station and demonstrated making an SSB contact with W9ZIH near Malta, IL at a distance of 84 miles.
A reminder that 2017 MDXC membership dues of $20 are now due. If you have not yet renewed your membership, please send the money to club Secretary/Treasurer Jim – KE9ET.
Ed – N9MW announced that the 2017 “MDXC Banquet” will be a group dinner at the Green Acres Supper Club in Sauk City, WI on Saturday, October 7th. ( Junction of Hwy 78 & Hwy 12) Please contact Ed – N9MW if interested in attending.
The effort to find a new monthly club meeting location continues. Suggestions were made for both Sprecher’s in Madison and Gray’s Tide House in Verona. Lloyd – N9LB to check into meeting room availability at those establishments.
The business meeting was adjourned at 7:35 PM.
Ed – N9MW presented a program showing the underlying design criteria and grounding schema for his five towers and two phased verticals super-station. He also showed us the plans for his sixth tower and the full sized 40m quad that will sit on top of it.
Submitted by Lloyd Berg – N9LB, MDXC President